The Preds continue the recent strong run(8-2 record) over their last 10 games with a 3-2 shootout win against New Jersey last night. The Preds scratched out a win versus the best the eastern conference has to offer. The Preds now face 2 division foes (Columbus and Detroit) Saturday/Monday, but also 2 teams ahead of them in the western conference playoff race. Two wins should put the Preds in the top 8 in regards to the playoff standings.
* Preds hung tough with a very solid and playoff bound New Jersey team. Preds fans should be encouraged that the team can play excellent hockey when on their game.
* Preds are 6-3 at home and have won 12 of a possible 18 points so far this year. Preds are Scrooge-like at home only allowing an average of 1.77 goals per game.
* Kudos to Cody Franson. Saw him in person last night and the game has obviously slowed down for him. I posted previously that he looked overwhelmed at times. He now has confidence as he stood up Devil attackers at the blue line and looks much better. Dan Hamhuis' solid play has to play a part in his resurgence as well.
* Considering Martin Erat and David Legwand have a combined total of 3 goals, you have to like where the Preds stand. They are also a combined -14 on the plus/minus. OUCH!!!!
* Knock wood that the Preds injuries have slowed down and the recent strong play is a direct result. I posted as the season started the Preds would be okay if the injuries don't pile up. Outside of Colin Wilson the Preds have everybody healthy at the moment.
* Jordan Tootoo took the Devils off their game last night, especially during an 8 minute stretch in the 2nd period. The Devils wanted him to fight and the bench along with those on the ice spent much of the time concerned with Tootoo than with the game. Tootoo performed his job very well and drew 1 penalty.
Two big divisional battles(Columbus and Detroit) on the way. I will be at the Detroit game Monday and post again then. Lets go Preds!!!!