The curse of the 3rd jersey is alive! Just kidding, but the Preds do drop their first game wearing the new 3rd jersey. The 7 game win streak started by winning in St. Louis on November 12th and ends with a loss in Nashville on November 27th to the Blues. No time to rest because the Florida Panthers arrive in town tomorrow night followed by the Calgary Flames on Monday night. Chris Mason was solid in net for the Blues and the Preds couldn't catch a break the entire game. I chalk tonight up to the law of averages catching up. As much as we want them to the Preds are not going to win 11 out of every 13 games.
Other Thoughts Regarding the Preds:
* I don't like coach Trotz moving Patrick Hornqvist back to what is now the 4th line. Despite diminishing ice time, he is still tied for 7th in scoring (ahead of Erat, Smithson, Goc, Santorelli) and the top forward in regards to +/- ratio. There is no reason he shouldn't be on the 2nd line with Legwand and Ward.
* Thank you Pekka Rinne for the recent winning streak. He was spectacular as needed and solid every game of the winning streak. He made some great saves tonight against the Blues to keep the game close. I look for Dan Ellis to get a turn in net against Florida and allow Rinne some rest.
* Preds are in 6th place in the playoff race and seemed to have overcome the early poor start.
* Preds are 14th out of 15 teams in western conference in goals scored. Not good.
* Preds are 2nd out of 15 teams in western conference in goals allowed. Very good.