Thursday, March 11, 2010

Worst Loss of Year in San Jose

What a potential season-killing loss, blowing a 2 goal 3rd period lead. The Preds had no answer for the Sharks and made you realize a playoff series against the Sharks would go 5 games at the most. I hope coach Trotz or captain Jason Arnott lets the team have it in the locker room after the game. They gave away 2 points in the standings and potentially the season.

Quick Hits
* kudos to J.P. Dumont and Patrick Hornqvist for scoring 2 goals each in the game. Being in front of the net paid off for them tonight.
* My kids could have seen the replay of the Justin Boyd goal and realize it was not a kicking motion. There are some blind people in charge of goal reviews in Montreal. Would a 3 goal lead (if Boyd's goal was correctly counted as good) have been enough to win and have San Jose give up? We will never know.
* Pekka Rinne is our top goalie and we should let him have the net every night we can. Dan Ellis should only be used to break Rinne occasionally.

My gut tells me that loss will be the playoff spot breaker. I hope I am wrong. Off to Anaheim which is now a must win.

No comments:

Post a Comment