What could have been. Preds finish final extended road trip of regular season 1-1-2 for 4 points. The Preds went toe-to-toe with western conference leaders Vancouver and San Jose, but also lost in overtime to last place Edmonton. Hopefully fortunes will change with 12 of the last 15 games in Gnashville.
* If it were not for Pekka Rinne, the Preds would be out of the playoff race. He was incredible tonight against San Jose, especially in the 3rd period. The Preds made turnover after turnover in front of him, yet he got the Preds to overtime somehow. Rinne could sue the Preds offense and defense for lack of support. If they can just get 3 goals per game, they would win 80% of their games.
* Lazy, soft, cross-ice passes in their own zone are an epidemic and something too many players are guilty of right now. Preds have to take better care of puck and clear their own zone better to relieve pressure on Pekka Rinne.
* I know I have said it way too much but the Preds are hanging with everyone they play considering the amount of players out due to injury. I would love to see this team playing with its full complement of players.
* Mike Fisher is as solid as they come. He is so strong with the puck and not afraid to stick his nose in tough spots. He sets a good example for others to follow.
* I feel sorry for J.P. Dumont. I think it is time for him to get a chance again with something other than the 4th line. Other players have been given a chance to score with no success. The Preds have scored 15 goals in their last 9 games. J.P. will capitalize and score if he is paired with linemates who can get him the puck in good scoring opportunities.