I hope I am wrong, but the 2-1 overtime loss tonight may have been the final nail in the coffin regarding the playoffs. I am not saying it can't happen, but there are now too many teams to pass in the standings meaning you must win everything and get help. The Preds are only 4 points out of the last playoff spot but they have played 2 or 3 more games than most everyone they are chasing. So in essence they are 5-8 points behind with only 23 games left.
It is going to be tough, but I will be rooting for the Preds all the way.
Predators Fan Facts As I See Them...........
* Pecca Rinne is the bomb. Lock him up with a long term contract and somehow score 3 goals a game and we will be fine going forward.
* Preds would have trouble scoring in a ladies prison at this point. Just another reason playoff hopes look grim because Preds can't score enough goals to win. Pecca Rinne would easily have 10 more wins if the Preds could score more on a regular basis.
* Way to go Steve Sullivan. Glad to see his hard work and perseverance paying off. If Preds keep losing and he keeps scoring, does he become a potential trade commodity.
* When was last time Shea Weber scored a goal?
* This team is a solid playoff team when the top 2 lines produce at the same time. Problem is Legwand/Erat/Dumont disappear for 3-5 game stretches at a time. They can be very good, but not consistently across a long period of time.
Off to St. Louis for a rematch Saturday. Gotta win this one.